Killa Kanz 2016!
- What: Killa Kanz 40k Tournament Food Drive
- When: Saturday, November 12, 2016
- Doors open at 11am
- Players must be present by 11:45
- Gaming ends by 9:30
- Where: Redcap's Corner
- Redcap's Corner Powelton Village
3850 Lancaster Ave
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
- Redcap's Corner Powelton Village
- Registration: $20 per team, on-site or online below
- Discussion: Facebook Event, and on the PAGE forums
Join us for a 40k doubles tournament with a twist---trade in your donations of canned goods for in-game effects! Come play games with your buddies, help the community, and maybe win some door prizes.
Registration is $20 per team. You may pay on-site or in advance via the form below using either PayPal or a credit card. Space is limited to 16 teams for this event and there is a good chance it will fill, so we recommend signing up early! Your name & email address will be included in the receipt, so we also ask that you include your partner's name & email address. These email addresses will only be used to send out final rules and any similar announcements.
How It Works
For every item of canned food you bring to the tournament, you'll receive a ticket. Tickets may also be purchased directly at the tournament for $1 each (cash only). At any point during your games (that is, after turn 1 begins) you may spend one ticket to reroll a single die. Failed saving throw? Spend a ticket, pick up that die. Snake eyes on a charge? Spend two tickets, reroll them both! It's simple: one ticket rerolls one die. As always, a die may only ever be rerolled once for any reason.
For every ticket you spend, you're also entered into a raffle for a variety of door prizes. Spend early, spend often, and remember it's for charity - it's not cheating if your friends and family contribute their cans to your cause.
All canned goods will be donated to Philabundance, a food bank supporting the greater Philadelphia area. Philabundance is a highly-rated organization with a 95.88/100 rating on Charity Navigator.
Cash donations will be given to The Veterans Group, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving veterans in University City.
Each player may construct a list of up to 1,000 points using the following restrictions:
- 1 HQ
- 1 Troops
- 2 Troops
- 1 Elites
- 1 Fast Attack
- 1 Heavy Support
In addition, each player may choose to modify their force by selecting an option from the following list. Both players may not select the same option.
- +3 Troops
- +2 HQ
- +2 Elites
- +2 Fast Attack
- +2 Heavy Support
- +1 Fortification
- +1 Lord of War (of no more than 9 hull points/wounds)
- +1 Formation or Inquisitorial Warband (not a detachment - you may not take a Gladius Strike Force, Decurion, Daemonic Incursion, War Convocation, etc.)
Units of troops that are not part of a formation gain the Objective Secured special rule.
The PAGE/Redcap's standard FAQ & Errata is in play.
Additionally, for this event, the following rules apply:
- Regardless of faction, each player counts their teammate as an ally of convenience.
- The Warp Storm table (Codex: Chaos Daemons) does not affect your teammate (unless specifically dictated by the table, i.e. other Chaos Daemons or marked Chaos Space Marines.
- All ranged D weapons apply a -1 modifier to the damage table.
For this event, each player must nominate a Warlord - that's two Warlords per team! Warlords will each count for one point toward the Slay the Warlord tertiary objective.
Small prizes for store credit at Redcap's will be awarded, the amount contingent on the number of players. There will be prizes for overall rankings as well as painting & craftsmanship.
There will be also a prize raffle, with tickets awarded based on game results and donations.
- Best overall (BPs, painting, sports): 30%
- 2nd best overall: 20%
- Strategists (best record, ties broken by BPs, then overall): 20%
- Players' choice: 10%
- Logisticians (most cans donated): 10%
- Headhunters (most StW, ties broken by BPs): 10%
A team can only win the best award to which they are entitled. If they should win two or more, those bump down to the runners-up in the category.
Doors open at 11am. Players must be present by 11:45 at the latest, earlier is better. There will be a short break for dinner in the late afternoon. Several options are within easy walking distance.