Redcap's Corner April 2015 40k Event
- What: Escalation on Solypsus 9
- When: Saturday, April 19, 2015; reg opens at 11am, games at noon
- Where: Redcap's Corner
- Redcap's Corner Powelton Village
3617 Lancaster Ave
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
- Redcap's Corner Powelton Village
- Entry: $10 per player.
- Early Signup: Doodle (much appreciated but not required)
- Organizers: Joe Kopena and the PAGE minis crew
Our current campaign tournament series continues with Escalation on Solypsus 9! The battle for Solypsus 9 is playing out over the following schedule:
|Saturday||January 24||Standard 1850 pts|
|Sunday||February 22||Standard 1850 pts|
|Saturday||March 14||Doubles 2x1000 pts|
|Sunday||April 19||Escalating 1000, 1500, 1850 pts|
Players are welcome to join in any part. There is no commitment to make each event, and no disadvantage for missing any part. Players may also change their primary factions and associated alliance throughout.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
If you can't participate all day but want to join in the fun, we can slot you in for the final mission of the day. Here's how it works:
- You must be at the shop by 6:30.
- There's no entry fee, but you're not eligible for prizes. You will still affect the campaign.
- If an odd number of last-round players show up, we'll do our best to arrange something but worst case you may be out of luck.
- Options here include a team or multiplayer game among the last-round entries.
- You must therefore sign-up in advance so potential latecomers can figure out if it makes sense to come for just that round. Please mark the first column of the poll for "Last Round Only!" as well as your primary faction.
If you know you'll be joining us for this January event, please sign up here. Early signup is not required but will help us plan. Please feel free to drop in at the last minute regardless!
Army construction rules are that you need to prepare 3 lists:
- 1000 points
- 1500 points
- 1850 points
Each successive list must contain the previous lists. So, you can't subtract or remove any units, models, wargear, special rules, etc..
But you can add units as well as models and wargear. Note that wargear you can only add if it doesn't require swapping something out. So I couldn't, for example, drop a chainsword to give a Sarge a powerfist (*). I could though give camo cloaks to a bunch of Scouts. I can also add additional models to, say, a unit of 5 Tacticals. Taking purchases that change units' FOC is also ok, e.g., if you add Belial, your Terminators can become Troops.
Everything else is just the usual wide-open Redcap's rules: Allies, current books, non-Apoc Forge World units, etc. are all good. Missions will be posted shortly.
Campaign mechanics and the background story are in the Solypsus 9 outline.
Match pairings will be strategically selected by the teams, as outlined in the campaign mechanics.
Players not in contention for the overall standings may be given personal covert missions, and/or have other effects applied to their games.
The judge(s) will step in to play if there is otherwise an odd number.
The prize distribution scheme used in our recent events is in this spreadsheet. Basics are:
- Prizes for the best players on each alliance
- A painting & craftsmanship award, if there are enough players
- A best general award, if there are enough players
The painting & craftsmanship prize is awarded by player voting. This is separate from the paint scores included in the overall standings above. You cannot vote for yourself.
Doors open at 11am and the gaming kicks off at high noon. There will be a break after the second round for dinner.
|12:00||Pairings & Campaign Meeting|
|2:25||Pairings & Campaign Meeting|
|6:15||Pairings & Campaign Meeting|
|9:15||Campaign Outcome & Prizes|