Redcap's Corner February 2015 40k Event
- What: The Shift on Solypsus 9
- When: Sunday, February 22, 2015; reg opens at 11am, games at noon
- Where: Redcap's Corner
- Redcap's Corner Powelton Village
3617 Lancaster Ave
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
- Redcap's Corner Powelton Village
- Entry: $10 per player.
- Early Signup: Doodle (appreciated but not required)
- Organizers: Joe Kopena and the PAGE minis crew
Our current campaign tournament series continues with The Shift on Solypsus 9! The battle for Solypsus 9 is playing out over the following schedule:
|Saturday||January 24||Standard 1850 pts|
|Sunday||February 22||Standard 1850 pts|
|Saturday||March 14||Doubles 2x1000 pts|
|Sunday||April 19||Escalating 1000, 1500, 1850 pts|
Players are welcome to join in any part. There is no commitment to make each event, and no disadvantage for missing any part. Players may also change their primary factions and associated alliance throughout.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
Recaps of last month's campaign start are here:
- Mission Pack
- Campaign Background and Mechanics
- Covert Missions
- Scoresheet (2-up)
- Painting and Sportsmanship Ballots
- Prize Distribution
If you can't participate all day but want to join in the fun, we can slot you in for the final mission of the day. Here's how it works:
- You must be at the shop by 6:30.
- There's no entry fee, but you're not eligible for prizes. You will still affect the campaign.
- If an odd number of last-round players show up, we'll do our best to arrange something but worst case you may be out of luck.
- Options here include a team or multiplayer game among the last-round entries.
- You must therefore sign-up in advance so potential latecomers can figure out if it makes sense to come for just that round. Please mark the first column for "Last Round Only!" as well as your primary faction.
If you know you'll be joining us for this January event, please sign up here. Early signup is not required but will help us plan. Please feel free to drop in at the last minute regardless!
Army construction rules are our 1850 points, with no restrictions. Details and the missions are in this month's pack.
Campaign mechanics and the background story are in the Solypsus 9 overview.
Match pairings will be strategically selected by the teams, as outlined in the campaign mechanics.
Players not in contention for the overall standings may be given personal covert missions, and/or other effects applied to their games.
The judge(s) will step in to play if there is otherwise an odd number.
A total of 100 points are available for the day to determine overall results:
- 60 points for match results
- 25 points for painting and craftsmanship
- 15 points for sportsmanship
Match results are a simple sum of the victory points earned in the three missions, each worth up to 20 points.
Painting and craftsmanship is scored objectively by the judge(s), applying this rubric to the entire army:
- All models assembled and primed: +5 pts
- All models three-color minimum: +5 pts
- All models based (paint/flock): +5 pts
- Advanced painting techniques present (washes, drybrushing, etc): +5 pts
- Advanced basing techniques present: +5 pts
Sportsmanship scores include two components:
- The sum of the sportsmanship scores for each mission (9 pts available).
- Points earned through players ranking their favorite opponents at the end of the day (6 pts available).
The prize distribution scheme is in | this spreadsheet.
Given enough players, a painting & craftsmanship prize will be awarded based on player voting. This is separate from the paint scores included in the overall standings above. You cannot vote for yourself.
Doors open at 11am and the gaming kicks off at high noon. Each of the three missions will play for 2.5 hours. There will be a break after the second round for dinner. Details:
|12:00||Pairings & Campaign Meeting|
|2:50||Pairings & Campaign Meeting|
|6:30||Pairings & Campaign Meeting|
|9:20||Campaign Outcome & Prizes|