Redcap's November 2017 Infinity Tournament
- What: Infinity Doubles Tournament!
- When: Noon, Sunday, November 12, 2017
- Where: Redcap's Corner
- 3850 Lancaster Ave
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
- 3850 Lancaster Ave
- Entry: $10 per player on-site
- Facebook: Event
Our first doubles tournament for Infinity! Players register and play in pairs of two, $10 entry per team (on-site day-of, no pre-reg). All entry fees go to small store credit prizes.
Please contact us with any questions.
Rules as follow are solid but should be considered draft and subject to tweaks and elaboration until further notice. Comments and questions are welcome.
Both teammates' army lists are to be selected separately following RECON+ rules---up to 150pts each, with limitations on multi-wound models, characters, and other properties. Details are in the RECON+ packet.
Teammates' respective army lists do NOT need to be drawn from the same faction or aligned in any way. Each player may bring two army lists, both of which must be from the same faction, and choose which to use at the start of each match.
Teammates will play together, interleaving orders as they wish in their active turn, with their models considered friendly but the armies otherwise separate. For example, this means:
- Your teammates' models do not trigger AROs from your troopers, somewhat obviously.
- Your troopers can move through your teammates' models following the usual rules as though your own.
- Both armies have a Lieutenant, generate a Lieutenant Order, and go into Loss of Lietenant separately.
- Both players generate their own Order pool as usual. Orders cannot be shared or applied to teammate's troopers.
- Both players get four Command Tokens. They cannot be shared or applied to Tactical Uses on your teammate's troopers. You also cannot move troopers between the two army lists.
- Buffs and abilities like Inspiring Leadership and Chain of Command do not carry over.
- Retreat only applies if both armies combined are below quarter strength.
- Players' troopers may doctor, engineer, and hack their teammates' troopers.
- Only one teammate may invoke a Strategic Use of Command Tokens. Nullified orders may be distributed across your opponents as they could for combat groups.
There will be 3 rounds of 2.25 hours each, with Swiss-style pairing. ITS missions are, in order:
- Show of Force (pg 23)
- Safe Area (pg 35)
- Hunting Party (pg 56)
Teams choose a single DataTracker at the start of each game as normal. But remember that each team will have two Lieutenants in play.
All entry fees go toward store credit prizes, awarded based on tournament rankings as well as player voting for best craftsmanship (army painting).
Doors open at 11am, players must be present by 11:50, dice start rolling at noon!