40k Kill Team game

Board for chatting up all our anti-social electronic endeavors.

Moderator: jwoolf

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

40k Kill Team game

Post by Cable » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Has anyone seen the promo of this? Supposedly you can earn a "power sword" to use in the uncoming "Space Marine" game!!
I think it's downloadable on multiple platforms. Kind of plays like the recent 3/4 down marvel superheroes team games (can't think of the title)

If anyone hase more or better info please add. And provide a link to the video. Thanks!!!!!!!!

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Re: 40k Kill Team game

Post by tjkopena » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk3LN7bKYAU

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but take a look at the animation in that, and in the Space Marine game, and in the Ultramarines movie... Now, Space Marine probably has a bigger budget than the movie, but Kill Team probably doesn't. Even granted that they're probably leveraging a lot of models and so on created for Space Marine, it compares reasonably well given the platform limitations. I stand by my assertion that THQ basically should have just taken a couple days to create the movie for them...

Yeti's Yell
Kommander
Name: Matt
What's your favorite game?: Strange Aeons and Bushido

Post by Yeti's Yell » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:28 pm

tjkopena wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk3LN7bKYAU

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but take a look at the animation in that, and in the Space Marine game, and in the Ultramarines movie... Now, Space Marine probably has a bigger budget than the movie, but Kill Team probably doesn't. Even granted that they're probably leveraging a lot of models and so on created for Space Marine, it compares reasonably well given the platform limitations. I stand by my assertion that THQ basically should have just taken a couple days to create the movie for them...
Agreed. I'll be buying Space Marine as soon as it comes out for my Xbox. It will be a fun romp. You know, maybe we could arrange it so I could bring my Xbox down to PAGE and we could all button-mash together.
Check out my miniature building and painting blog,Sarcophagi

http://sarcophagi.blogspot.com/

ALL GAMERS MUST DIE

tjkopena
Kingbreaker

Post by tjkopena » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Yeti's Yell wrote:You know, maybe we could arrange it so I could bring my Xbox down to PAGE and we could all button-mash together.
No dice?! No cards?!?!? Heresy! Burn the witch!!!

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm

tjkopena wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk3LN7bKYAU

Joe, thanks for the link!!!!!!

Your are right. Both game previews are better than the movie!

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 pm

tjkopena wrote:
Yeti's Yell wrote:You know, maybe we could arrange it so I could bring my Xbox down to PAGE and we could all button-mash together.
No dice?! No cards?!?!? Heresy! Burn the witch!!!
Stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You already had your necron/terminator videos and games.

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Lovell, by the way I did enjoy your "Space Marine" movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjkopena
Kingbreaker

Post by tjkopena » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:20 pm

I dunno; I've been pretty critical of the movie, but when you watch this trailer it looks super awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4XHHLYDp8A

CapoFerro
Squig
What's your favorite game?: I dunno. :P

Post by CapoFerro » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 am

It's hard to compare on budget alone. A lot of the quality of animations comes from the tools available to make the animations. For instance: at Riot we've just built some new tools for the animators to use. They're the same animators, but the tools are much better, so the animations are far higher quality.

THQ is an established company with very good tools, many of which they probably built themselves (as they write their own game engines). Even their smaller budget games are made with the same tools as the bigger budget games, so they have a higher potential for quality in animations.

Back on topic: Kill Team looks like a ton of fun.