Star Trek?

Space to chat about D&D, Star Wars, 3:16, and any other roleplaying games.

Moderator: jwoolf

jdp
Gretchin
Name: Joseph Della Penna
What's your favorite game?: All of them!

Star Trek?

Post by jdp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Hello!

My name is Joe, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Star Trek game I was thinking of running. I'm still in the early planning stages, so nothing is set in stone, but I'd like to gauge interest in the game before I go to much further. Here's what I'm thinking:

I'll probably run Decipher's version of Star Trek; the die mechanic is fairly familiar (skill+stat bonus+die roll), and I like the system as a whole. If there is indeed interest, but a loud and furious outcry against the system arises, I'll change it.

I was also figuring I'd run it post Nemesis, about 2383 or so, with the PCs being junior officers in Starfleet. I'm a little more wed to this option, mainly because I'd like to explore how the utopian Federation reacts after suffering so many military challenges over the past 20 years (I count five major conflicts in that time: Cardassian War, Borg I, Dominion War, Borg II, and Shinzon Incident), especially with a large number of policy makers and senior officers earning their positions by responding with and to military action. Still, if there is a strong preference for another era or feel, I'll take a hard look at it.

I'm fairly experienced as a GM and I'm pretty easy-going, so this game shouldn't *immediately* turn into a complete mess ;)

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Re: Star Trek?

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am

I would DEFINITELY be interested!

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

jdp
Gretchin
Name: Joseph Della Penna
What's your favorite game?: All of them!

Post by jdp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Cool. Hopefully, we can get two more players. Any question or concerns about the early planning?

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:03 am

Nope! I'm going to dig out my decipher rule books this week.

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord