Necrons v Imperial Guard

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Necrons v Imperial Guard

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Yesterday, Johnny and I played a 2K per side game...and it was Fantastic!!!

He played 2 Doomsday Arks which he has magnetized to be able to cross play as the Ghost Ark model. He also has a GREAT proxy Necron Overlord.

I won the game 13-6 (I think). We played Malestrom (my first game using the cards) and we made several mistakes. First, we did not remember to use the discard a card at the end of the turn. In addition, he under-shot his Doomsday Arks Gauss Shots, due to misreading the stat line.

Three EPIC things

1) Command Barge charged 3 Vindicare Assassins - but the battle last 3 game turns! It was an epic shoot and fight battle, which the Assassins ultimately lost, but it left him with 1 wound which he lost to a smite

2) My Primaris Psyker, in a desperate gambit, Smites and Charges his Warlord....and got SLAY THE WARLORD! The brave servant of the Emperor was lost in the next turn in an overwhelming flash of Tesla fire.

3) The last Troop unit on the board was a hearty group of Conscipts who died doing their duty. It was just strange seeing them advance towards the Necron line...fear visible on every model. But the watchful gaze of the Commisar urged them to glory!

It was a great game and I really liked the way he played Necrons.

Lovell
Last edited by EL Presidente!!!! on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Re: Necrons v Imperial Guard

Post by Cable » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Great Write Up :!: :!:

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:40 am

This is great. I knew from all the yelling at this table that it had to be an exciting game!

DA John
Fallen
Name: John O'Connell
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Post by DA John » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:...fear visible on every model.
Lovell
Conscript models should be painted this way
40k: Dark Angels, Sisters
30k: Taghmata
Warmachine: Iron Kingdoms RPG-curious
AD&D 1e: campaign underway

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:37 am

Post Photos................