October 1: 40k Tournament of Blood

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Re: October 1: 40k Tournament of Blood

Post by Cable » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Oblivionh wrote:
tjkopena wrote:...How many newfound Chaos players will there be?!?!
Just enough for my Grey Knights to send screaming back into the eye of terror...
Unless an........."exploding Chaos Defiler"........takes out your last model :mrgreen:

DDddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnnn..........that was a Predator..........not a Defiler.....hic! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Cable on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblivionh
Hunter
Name: n/a
What's your favorite game?: n/a

Post by Oblivionh » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Cable wrote:Unless an........."exploding Chaos Defiler"........takes out your last model :mrgreen:
1) The planet underwent an exterminatus so there is no proof that any glorious and illustrious champion of the emperor ever caused a heretical vehicle to explode and perished in the resulting explosion.

2) It was a chaos triple las predator!

Another dreadknight almost killed itself by punching itself in the face until we learned that the reflection invul save is only in shooting.

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:51 pm

TJ, Old Age taking over......................will correct the Pred notation..............................hic! :mrgreen:

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:46 am

Formal notice that in the spirit of good times, not taking space dollies too seriously, and Salamanders burning down the house, I'm permitting Forge World captains to fill that role in codex detachments. Full logic (from the Facebook event)---

Question: Looking at using a Salamander Demi-Battle company. Requirement is 1-captain. Can we use Captain Mir'san from IA-10 (Badab War book 2) as that captain?

As the greatest of Founding Chapters, Salamanders can do & bring whatever they want.

More seriously, yes, this is fine.

Very strictly RAW it would not be permitted. He's not in the list of named captains permitted to fill that slot in the detachment by the codex and FW has not put out any errata updating that. FW's official unofficial stance on this very question as of late July is:

"Officially, no, but in your own games, you can of course agree to replace models with Forge World Equivalents. At some point, our rules guys might look to publish some kind of update, but nothing confirmed at this point."

(https://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK/p ... 7703824172)

That said, the most recent Badab FAQ (https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/ ... ers_V2.pdf) makes clear that he has Chapter Tactics (Salamanders), is a Captain that counted toward unlocking Command Squads, etc.. So mechanically everything is there for them to say it's a go, and they simply just haven't done so yet.

There's no reason either to believe these characters, and Mir'San in particular, would cause any problems to balance or rules questions.

So, we're going to take Forge World's advice, and permit this substitution. Looking forward to seeing your model for him!

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:15 pm

In a similar vein, can Khorne Daemonkin take things from IA13? Back when the book was first released, there was an email from FW floating around that said that KDK could take undivided things (like the Typhon, etc), or things with the option to be marked as long as they were taken with Mark/Daemon of Khorne.
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

tjkopena
Kingbreaker

Post by tjkopena » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:08 am

No, because Chaos is obviously way too OP now as it is. Stop powergaming and cheating.

More seriously, seems reasonable to me. Notably, the Kytan that came out after both of them is permitted for Daemonkin by the rules PDF for it. I don't see a problem with this.

But you've definitely caught me in a "Screw it, anything goes, Forge The Narrative!" phase in my approach to the rules and I don't appreciate being taken advantage of, Colin!

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:47 pm

My friend and I are not going to make it to the tourney.

Good luck to all the players :!: :!:

tjkopena
Kingbreaker

Post by tjkopena » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Photos from Saturday are up:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tjkopena/ ... 3455650632
https://www.facebook.com/pagecentercity ... 0052383881

Results are here:

http://www.pagegaming.com/uploads/Warha ... oring.xlsx

Eight people showed up. Justin won overall, Berks Mike won the Warlord achievements track, and both tied on painting votes so the prize bumped to Tim in 2nd. Definitely a good day. Pretty tight competition, lots of good close games.

timothyd4y
Crux Mechanicus
Name: Timothy Day
What's your favorite game?: Craps

Post by timothyd4y » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:38 am

Saturday was a lot of fun. It was nice to do a bit better than previous tournaments! Thanks for putting it all together.