January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Re: January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Post by Cable » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:54 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:
tjkopena wrote:Current rough plan on army composition is:

- Default of up to 3000 points per player, but up to 4000 provided you're including at least 500 points in superheavies/gargantuans.
- Titan-class superheavies and gargantuans (above 9 HP/wounds) must be declared in advance and will be subject to special balancing; let us know ASAP if you want to bring any.

Models must be at least base coated---no bare plastic or black/white/grey primer. It's been really good the past couple years having mostly painted models on the table. For the couple holdouts that don't play 40k much at the moment but want to play and have a lot of unpainted models, get in touch. We can do something like quickly airbrushing them to at least block out the basic colors.
Joe forgot one other army construction rule:

"Your army must be constructed in such a way that if Lovell is on the opposing team, you have the ability to focus all of your efforts on crushing him on the first turn! Please note that this will not work, and although it will ensure his immediate wrath and anger, we hope over a 5-10 year period to demoralize him to negate some of his in-born tactical advantage of superior strategic intellect. Also note, this applies REGARDLESS of which army he brings. Organizers will make every effort to try to get him to focus to allow predictability, however these efforts have not been successful as of yet due to his severe gaming ADHD and his refusal to take his meds."

I'm searching through old post to find the one where this rule was originally presented and will copy it when I find it
Unfortunately, you would start the game with one less close combat attack, because...............you sprained your arm "patting yourself on the back" :mrgreen:

Oblivionh
Hunter
Name: n/a
What's your favorite game?: n/a

Post by Oblivionh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:08 pm

BigRedOne82 wrote:Both you and the Kingbreakers are practically heretics anyway.
THIS JUST IN! The Kingbreakers have been pardoned of their minor xenos transgression by the Inquisition. I cannot confirm nor deny that this is due to the resurgence of a new and mediocre threat from the Iron Warriors.

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:33 pm

Oblivionh wrote:
BigRedOne82 wrote:Both you and the Kingbreakers are practically heretics anyway.
THIS JUST IN! The Kingbreakers have been pardoned of their minor xenos transgression by the Inquisition. I cannot confirm nor deny that this is due to the resurgence of a new and mediocre threat from the Iron Warriors.
SMILE.............when you say that .......................(-transmission from Iron Warrior Psyker thru the Warp or was that Fios?) :mrgreen:

Sigismundo
Sword of Dorn
Name: Sascha Edelkraut (Alex)
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer40k

Post by Sigismundo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:22 pm

3000 points only, nooooo xD I need more points and don't have super heavies xD

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:17 pm

My Imperial Guard Army is coming in at 4,033 points.

I have 2 super heavy vehicles and an Imperial Knight.

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:25 am

Lovell, 33 points over is no problem.

While everybody's planning their armies, keep in mind these scoring rules, same as the past couple years:

All players designate a warlord as usual, one of which on each team is nominated to be the warmaster.

After deployment, each team alternates having each player place a secondary objective anywhere on the board, caveat the usual restrictions (at least 12″ from other objectives, 6″ from table edges).
** Any player and either team can score any secondary objective, they’re just placed by a particular player to represent their personal goals.

Only troops may score objective markers until the final scoring, at which point all scoring units count.

Scoring happens at the end of each game turn (including Turn 1):
* Primary objectives are worth the current game turn number;
* Secondary objectives are always worth 1 victory point;
* The warmasters are worth 3 points;
* Eliminating a superheavy, gargantuan, mighty bulwark, lord of war, or warlord is worth 1 point each.

Sigismundo
Sword of Dorn
Name: Sascha Edelkraut (Alex)
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer40k

Post by Sigismundo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:24 pm

BTW, do we need more guys for good or bad?? I would bring my Swords of Dorn or Khorne Deamonkin!!!

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Joe, any theme for the scenery/terrain :?: :?:

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 pm

I've spent a ton of money, time and effort on my Guard Army....but now I'm really thinking Necron :oops:
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:45 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:I've spent a ton of money, time and effort on my Guard Army....but now I'm really thinking Necron :oops:
Was looking forward to seeing your Guard Army :!: :!: