January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Re: January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:59 pm

If a transport has a capacity of 20, does that mean you can put 2 units of 10 men inside it? How would they disembark?

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Oblivionh
Hunter
Name: n/a
What's your favorite game?: n/a

Post by Oblivionh » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:57 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:If a transport has a capacity of 20, does that mean you can put 2 units of 10 men inside it? How would they disembark?

Lovell
I believe the vehicle will say specifically if it can take hold multiple units. I think by default though transports are 1 unit to 1 transport.

Sigismundo
Sword of Dorn
Name: Sascha Edelkraut (Alex)
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer40k

Post by Sigismundo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:13 am

just got my flight tickets, will be back in Philly Friday 6th, so I will be able to attend :)

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Sigismundo wrote:just got my flight tickets, will be back in Philly Friday 6th, so I will be able to attend :)
Great news!

Sigismundo
Sword of Dorn
Name: Sascha Edelkraut (Alex)
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer40k

Post by Sigismundo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:39 pm

How many points do we each bring? I will start thinking about my army

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Current rough plan on army composition is:

- Default of up to 3000 points per player, but up to 4000 provided you're including at least 500 points in superheavies/gargantuans.
- Titan-class superheavies and gargantuans (above 9 HP/wounds) must be declared in advance and will be subject to special balancing; let us know ASAP if you want to bring any.

Models must be at least base coated---no bare plastic or black/white/grey primer. It's been really good the past couple years having mostly painted models on the table. For the couple holdouts that don't play 40k much at the moment but want to play and have a lot of unpainted models, get in touch. We can do something like quickly airbrushing them to at least block out the basic colors.

DA John
Fallen
Name: John O'Connell
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Post by DA John » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:44 pm

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:If a transport has a capacity of 20, does that mean you can put 2 units of 10 men inside it? How would they disembark?

Lovell
Rules for superheavy transports in 7th ed allow a superheavy to carry any number of units up to its transport capacity. I did not find anything about disembarking from superheavies that is different from regular vehicles. I once heard a battle report citing a one-unit-per-access-point disembarking rule for superheavies, but could not verify that.
40k: Dark Angels, Sisters
30k: Taghmata
Warmachine: Iron Kingdoms RPG-curious
AD&D 1e: campaign underway

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:15 am

tjkopena wrote:Current rough plan on army composition is:

- Default of up to 3000 points per player, but up to 4000 provided you're including at least 500 points in superheavies/gargantuans.
- Titan-class superheavies and gargantuans (above 9 HP/wounds) must be declared in advance and will be subject to special balancing; let us know ASAP if you want to bring any.

Models must be at least base coated---no bare plastic or black/white/grey primer. It's been really good the past couple years having mostly painted models on the table. For the couple holdouts that don't play 40k much at the moment but want to play and have a lot of unpainted models, get in touch. We can do something like quickly airbrushing them to at least block out the basic colors.
Joe forgot one other army construction rule:

"Your army must be constructed in such a way that if Lovell is on the opposing team, you have the ability to focus all of your efforts on crushing him on the first turn! Please note that this will not work, and although it will ensure his immediate wrath and anger, we hope over a 5-10 year period to demoralize him to negate some of his in-born tactical advantage of superior strategic intellect. Also note, this applies REGARDLESS of which army he brings. Organizers will make every effort to try to get him to focus to allow predictability, however these efforts have not been successful as of yet due to his severe gaming ADHD and his refusal to take his meds."

I'm searching through old post to find the one where this rule was originally presented and will copy it when I find it
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Oblivionh
Hunter
Name: n/a
What's your favorite game?: n/a

Post by Oblivionh » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:43 am

tjkopena wrote:We can do something like quickly airbrushing them to at least block out the basic colors.
;)

In other news: Colin is trying to get me to stray from the Emperors light and play with foul heresies.

So if I played Dark Eldar (not that I have enough to make a good force right now), would I be on order or chaos since DE hate both?

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:26 am

Both you and the Kingbreakers are practically heretics anyway.

DE would most likely play on the Discord team for balancing purposes.
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead