January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Re: January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Post by tjkopena » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 am

Details for this weekend! Drop a line if you have any questions.

Venue & Parking

Battlezone is my (tjkopena's) house in Roxborough. Address is in the email you should get/have gotten.

There is plenty of parking on the street immediately out front. Just pay attention to not block in the one No Parking zone signed between the fire hydrant and curve on the opposite side of the street.

The first person here can pull up into the driveway alongside the house, but don't block the garage otherwise.

What To Bring

Your army and all your gear needed to play! If you have Apoc templates please bring them even if you yourself won't be using them this weekend.

Some cash for food. No specific plans at the moment but certainly ordering pizza at least once, couple other options nearby. I'm sure some people will be bringing beer, as you are very welcome to do.

If you have & can easily bring a folding chair, it would be nice to bring. I have five, but the couches we also used last year are probably going to have to be moved out of the play room.

Discord players, don't bother to bring any hopes & dreams of victory, you won't need them.

Schedule

Saturday, Jan 7th: Recon Squads
14:00 DOORS OPEN
15:00 Recon Squad Round 1
16:30 Recon Squad Round 2
18:00 Recon Squad Round 3
19:30 APOC SETUP/DINNER

Recon Squad rules are here. Our mission pack is here.

Sunday, Jan 8th: Apocalypse
08:30 DOORS OPEN---arrive, unpack, setup/rearrange terrain
09:30 Deployment
10:20 Turn 1 (55 min per side)
12:10 LUNCH
12:30 Turn 2 (55 min per side)
14:20 Turn 3 (50 min per side)
16:00 Turn 4 (50 min per side)
17:40 DINNER
18:00 Turn 5 (45 min per side)
19:30 Turn 6 (45 min per side)
21:00 CLEANUP
21:30 All done---the valiant celebrate, the vanquished cry into their beer!

Apocalypse army sizes have largely been coordinated by Colin already, but if you didn't receive any special assignment then the default is 3000 points, 4000 if you're fielding at least 500 points of superheavies/gargantuans. Some people got higher or lower assignments based on their points available and balancing the teams.

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 am

So is the answer to my question on page 15, "no terrain is needed" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

tjkopena
Kingbreaker

Post by tjkopena » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:36 am

No, you should plan on bringing your terrain. Still trying to figure out the overall battle plan, Colin has an interesting idea but we're not sure it will physically work. So not sure on the terrain exactly, but probably incorporating yours.

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 am

tjkopena wrote:No, you should plan on bringing your terrain. Still trying to figure out the overall battle plan, Colin has an interesting idea but we're not sure it will physically work. So not sure on the terrain exactly, but probably incorporating yours.
I can bring the "old City Fight" buildings with scatter stuff, plenty of old A + B ruins, plenty 'o palm trees and/or the "fantasy style" stuff I lent last year.

Any preferences.....just let me know :!:

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:47 am

Almost forgot......may have 2 Bastions. And what about the "AFOREMENTIONED" scratch built sentry guns :!: :!:

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 am

Tom, please bring your City Fight buildings, the scatter stuff (no tank traps though as they make maneuver impossible for vehicles), and the bastions (if they're painted; if not a black spray coat followed by a mist of gray should do the trick). I've got the A&B ruins covered from my collection. You can leave the trees and fantasy stuff at home as well. We'll also have the Medea Refinery, Matt's airfield, and Jason's hab tenements, plus some more ruins, so I think we'll be all set.

No reason not to bring the sentry guns for Saturday. We could also "mount" them in a couple of my bunkers on Sunday to make those defense turret thingies whose name escapes me at the moment. If you're interested in doing that, PM me and we can figure out the details to include them in your army.

I think that about covers it, but if you think of anything else, just ask!
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 pm

BigRedOne82 wrote:Tom, please bring your City Fight buildings, the scatter stuff (no tank traps though as they make maneuver impossible for vehicles), and the bastions (if they're painted; if not a black spray coat followed by a mist of gray should do the trick). I've got the A&B ruins covered from my collection. You can leave the trees and fantasy stuff at home as well. We'll also have the Medea Refinery, Matt's airfield, and Jason's hab tenements, plus some more ruins, so I think we'll be all set.

No reason not to bring the sentry guns for Saturday. We could also "mount" them in a couple of my bunkers on Sunday to make those defense turret thingies whose name escapes me at the moment. If you're interested in doing that, PM me and we can figure out the details to include them in your army.

I think that about covers it, but if you think of anything else, just ask!
Colin, thanks for the follow up with terrain needs. Will pack everything up :!:

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Just realized as I'm doing an inventory of terrain...that I only have 4 City Fight Buildings -- 2 large + 2 small (the other half I donated to Joe and are @ Redcaps).
Have 2 larger/converted Bastions (others went to an auction @ Showcase).

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:08 pm

That's fine, Tom. I think Joe is bringing your old buildings back from Redcap's.
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

tjkopena
Kingbreaker

Post by tjkopena » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 am

Yeah, Tom, the ones you left with me are at Redcap's & get used often by 40k & Infinity players. I'm going to go Friday evening and borrow back a bunch of our terrain.

Edit: Ohmygod, Friday is today.