January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Re: January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Post by BigRedOne82 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:34 am

It's not too late, Warren! We'd love to have you. Expect an email shortly (still ironing out details)...
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

Dangerous Dan
Squig
Name: Dan Boyd
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer 40k

Post by Dangerous Dan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:19 pm

I am very excited for this, fellas. Hopefully Brett won't kill ALL OF MY TANKS on turn 2 this year!

flesh_pile
Def Rolla
What's your favorite game?: Axis and Allies

Post by flesh_pile » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Colin suggested not taking that formation this year - I just think the loyalists need to sacrifice some warm bodies to the embraces of Slaanesh's rending claws...
Dey see me deff rollin', dey hatin'...

WFB: High Elves, Empire
40K: Orks; CSM/Demons
Blood Bowl: Norse, Humans, Orcs, Dark Elves
BFG: Orks
X-Wing: all factions

jwoolf
Fallen
Name: Jason
What's your favorite game?: Mordheim!

Post by jwoolf » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:36 pm

This maulerfiend took me almost a year to paint, so no one blow it up, ok? Gentleman's agreement.
headwound! minis: http://www.headwoundminis.com/

Can't stopf the Wolfkopf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:26 am

jwoolf wrote:This maulerfiend took me almost a year to paint, so no one blow it up, ok? Gentleman's agreement.
Now this is my turn 1 objective! I hope you guys don't think I forgot the turn one devastation of my Crassus filled with 35 brave Imperial Guard Death Krieg infantry soldiers (an entire platoon) lost in the FIRST round of shooting last year. I can still see your Chaos darkened faces across the table as I screamed in disbelief and held my nerd-rage in check!

A full accounting for your heresey is due - THERE...WILL...BE...RETRIBUTION!!!!

Inquisitor Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

timothyd4y
Crux Mechanicus
Name: Timothy Day
What's your favorite game?: Craps

Post by timothyd4y » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:52 am

Is it too late to get in on the action? Or is this a show up and rock out kind of thing?

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:26 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:
jwoolf wrote:This maulerfiend took me almost a year to paint, so no one blow it up, ok? Gentleman's agreement.
Now this is my turn 1 objective! I hope you guys don't think I forgot the turn one devastation of my Crassus filled with 35 brave Imperial Guard Death Krieg infantry soldiers (an entire platoon) lost in the FIRST round of shooting last year. I can still see your Chaos darkened faces across the table as I screamed in disbelief and held my nerd-rage in check!

Inquisitor Lovell
Simple solutions...................

A) Put your Crassus with your guard in reserve.
B) Chaos manipulates your reserve roles.
C) They don't arrive until 2018. :mrgreen:

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 am

Cable wrote:
EL Presidente!!!! wrote:

Inquisitor Lovell
Simple solutions...................

Dear Heretic Tom,

Your callous response to the loss of the Emperors servants (and even suggesting that the mighty Crassus should be in reserve as opposed in the front lines for the Emperor) has earned my faithful rage. After the Apoc game, sometime in January, I will be challenging you to a personal match where I will personally make you suffer for your fealty to the ruinous powers. To totally shame you, I will be using my newly built and painted proxy Space Marine army (based on the Executioners Chapter) The Nameless!

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 pm

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:
Cable wrote:
EL Presidente!!!! wrote:

Inquisitor Lovell[/quote

Dear Heretic Tom,

Your callous response to the loss of the Emperors servants (and even suggesting that the mighty Crassus should be in reserve as opposed in the front lines for the Emperor) has earned my faithful rage. After the Apoc game, sometime in January, I will be challenging you to a personal match where I will personally make you suffer for your fealty to the ruinous powers. To totally shame you, I will be using my newly built and painted proxy Space Marine army (based on the Executioners Chapter) The Nameless!

Lovell
Oh yea, well.........................................

A) Blah, blah blah :!:
B) Yadda, yadda, yadda :!:
C) Promises, promises, promises :!:
D) Ditto, ditto, ditto :!:
E) All of the above :!:
F) :mrgreen: , :mrgreen: , :mrgreen: :!:

jwoolf
Fallen
Name: Jason
What's your favorite game?: Mordheim!

Post by jwoolf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:24 pm

timothyd4y wrote:Is it too late to get in on the action? Or is this a show up and rock out kind of thing?
Tim, you should definitely show up. This is a more-the-merrier deal and you should absolutely be in attendance.
headwound! minis: http://www.headwoundminis.com/

Can't stopf the Wolfkopf