January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Re: January 7+8: 40k Winter Apocalypse!!!

Post by Cable » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:17 pm

DA John wrote:St. Celestine just got squatted. So I am unwillingly undeclaring her. Bad GW!
How so John :?: :?:

DA John
Fallen
Name: John O'Connell
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Post by DA John » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Cable wrote:
DA John wrote:St. Celestine just got squatted. So I am unwillingly undeclaring her. Bad GW!
Model is now no longer available and she's not in the new Sisters list in the new Imperialis book.

The model isn't useless, as it can be a canoness or a sister superior, but it's a loss to the army.
40k: Dark Angels, Sisters
30k: Taghmata
Warmachine: Iron Kingdoms RPG-curious
AD&D 1e: campaign underway

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm

DA John wrote:
Cable wrote:
Model is now no longer available and she's not in the new Sisters list in the new Imperialis book.

The model isn't useless, as it can be a canoness or a sister superior, but it's a loss to the army.
BUT.....................the rumors persist of a new codex with plastic sisters in 2017. So she might show up there or as a "dataslate" at some point. I think this happened to Kharn.

AND....................I would have no problem with you using her in a "pick-up" game :!:

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Really diggin my new Militarum Tempestus Force. Thinking about brining them to Apoc!
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:47 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:4,000 points of the Emperor's finest is not enough! I will be bringing Guard with 1 Imperial Knight, and two Super Heavies - Crassus and Maurauder. I also have three sections of 3 or 4 sections of trenches painted and made of hard plaster (I have no idea where I purchased them from, but I found them clear a section of my game vault (basement)) that I will be bringing as an IG fortification I am still looking for rules for them (I am SURE I saw them somewhere onlline).
Ok. I have to say, I am SOOOOO pumped about the new Imperial Agents codex - it includes detachments for Imperial Navy as well as the Inquisition! Add to that my new FULLY PAINTED Tempestus Scions army and painted "censured/sanctioned" Space Marine Chapter THE NAMELESS (still trying to post pictures of this Space Marine proxy army) it is looking HIGHLY doubtful that I will be bringing the Kreig army. The Emperor's Will will likely be enforced against the Chaos/Xenos Scum with:

- Inquisition Allied Detachment (the Inquisitor gets a Warlord Trait even if they are NOT your Warlord - WTF!!!)
- Imperial Navy Allied Attachment (Aeronautica - includes Forgeworld superheavy Maurauder Bomber)
- Tempest Scion Combined Arms Army (Gound Assault Formation)
- Space Marines Combined Arms Army (Custom chapter using the rules for the Executioners Chapter - includes Forgeworld Relic Leviathan Dreadnought Rules)
- Imperial Knight (Forgeworld Castigator Rules)

I think I can get this in at 4,000 points with 500 points in Superheavies.

Lord
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:37 am

Seems like GW Facebook and GW Customer Service disagree on whether or not the Sisters codex is still playable, and Celestine active or not. People got opposite responses from each on whether Imperial Agents obsoletes Sisters of Battle or not:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/c ... oritas_is/

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:57 am

tjkopena wrote:Seems like GW Facebook and GW Customer Service disagree on whether or not the Sisters codex is still playable, and Celestine active or not. People got opposite responses from each on whether Imperial Agents obsoletes Sisters of Battle or not:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/c ... oritas_is/
I can't remember the location where the post comments I read (possibly Faeit or BoLS), but the people spoke.......... as if the Grey Knight section of this book "DIDN'T REPLACE THE OLD CODEX :!: :!:
And the opinion was that this book was an add on to field small detachment/cad/formation/whatjamacallits to other armies, etc. In other words......NOT A REPLACEMENT :!: :!: :!:

Commodus
Princeps
Name: Alex
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer 40K

Post by Commodus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't think anyone thought that C:IA replaced C:GK or C:DW. They just have certain units cherry-picked and dropped in.

It was C:Inq and C:AS (and to a lesser extent, C:LotD) that were the focus of the debate. All three were ebook-only, and this is the first print version if their rules after multiple Editions. All three had their entire list "updated" and spliced into the new book. Typically when an entire list is reprinted like this, the old version is invalidated. Like when Sisters went ebook-only in the first place.

I think the intention may have been to drop the old versions, but with all the backlash - pre-release backlash, even - they may have reconsidered. Hence, the confusion between the two faces of GW.

DA John
Fallen

Post by DA John » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:06 am

Well, I have downloaded the enemy and it's not as bad as it was made out to be. Celestine is gone but you can still have an eviscerator canoness with eternal warrior. If anything else changed, the changes are buried. Deep.

Based on what they did with the battle conclave, which is still there in all of its former glory as a formation made up of four dataslates that must be one unit on the tabletop, we should all prepare for the end of the CAD in 8th edition.

The Aeronautica faction is humorous. I have to check the FAQ to see how allied units deploy, but I don't think a spare valkyrie helps much if it is empty.

And deathwatch are OP.

DA John
Fallen

Post by DA John » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:18 am

Additional thought while I am at it: the Sisters sculpts are pretty amazing.