2016 Winter Recon Squad + Apocalypse: January 2nd & 3rd

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Re: 2016 Winter Recon Squad + Apocalypse: January 2nd & 3rd

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:03 pm

I have 4,500 points of IG - consisting of Death Korps Infantry, Armoured Battle Group, and an Imperial Knight all combining to form the Steel Fox Regiment ready to lay down traitor lives in the name of the Emperor. I am ready to transition from the warp and join the fray in defending the Imperium.

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:16 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:I have 4,500 points of IG - consisting of Death Korps Infantry, Armoured Battle Group, and an Imperial Knight all combining to form the Steel Fox Regiment ready to lay down traitor lives in the name of the Emperor. I am ready to transition from the warp and join the fray in defending the Imperium.

Lovell
Yada, yada, yada.
Boring :mrgreen:

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:26 am

Cable wrote:
EL Presidente!!!! wrote:I have 4,500 points of IG - consisting of Death Korps Infantry, Armoured Battle Group, and an Imperial Knight all combining to form the Steel Fox Regiment ready to lay down traitor lives in the name of the Emperor. I am ready to transition from the warp and join the fray in defending the Imperium.

Lovell
Yada, yada, yada.

Ok Tom...your Chaos scum dies first!!!!
"Retarget all mortars! Retask all Tank Squadrons!!! And call up our Glorious Necron Allies!"

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

DA John
Fallen
Name: John O'Connell
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Post by DA John » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:42 am

Cable wrote:Yada, yada, yada.
I take it Tom will be running Emperor's Children this year. Slaanesh = excitement!
40k: Dark Angels, Sisters
30k: Taghmata
Warmachine: Iron Kingdoms RPG-curious
AD&D 1e: campaign underway

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:07 am

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:
Cable wrote:

Lovell
Yada, yada, yada.

Ok Tom...your Chaos scum dies first!!!!
"Retarget all mortars! Retask all Tank Squadrons!!! And call up our Glorious Necron Allies!"

Lovell
Let me repeat myself........................................"BORING" :!: :mrgreen:

Cable
Chaos Raptor

Post by Cable » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:09 am

DA John wrote:
Cable wrote:Yada, yada, yada.
I take it Tom will be running Emperor's Children this year. Slaanesh = excitement!
Damn Dark Angels "can't keep secrets" after all :!: :!: :mrgreen:

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:16 am

Don't worry Lovell, the Imperium would never leave you abandoned and alone to hold down a whole sector by yourself like those treacherous heretics did to the poor Maynarkh.

Oh, wait, you're playing cannon fodder Imperial Guard? Well, maybe the Imperium won't...

Have you looked at the Mont'ka formations for the Guard yet? Do they add any useful buffs for your armoured group?

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 pm

tjkopena wrote:
Don't worry Lovell, the Imperium would never leave you abandoned and alone to hold down a whole sector by yourself like those treacherous heretics did to the poor Maynarkh.

Oh, wait, you're playing cannon fodder Imperial Guard? Well, maybe the Imperium won't...

Have you looked at the Mont'ka formations for the Guard yet? Do they add any useful buffs for your armoured group?
Joe, I am planning on running the foot soldiers under the Death Korps of Krieg Assault Brigade - using the Forlorn Hope special rule (additional objective, brand new platoon when one is completely destroyed, special orders), and a couple of other special rules. The list is in the Fall of Orpheus Imperial Armor book. I am running the Armored unit under the Armored Battle Group rules (special set of Orders, Tanks as TROOP choices), and the Imperial Knight under the Oathsworn Detachment rules.

I know there are new rules/detachments coming out, but I've been planning/building the army using this configuration from the very start.

Interestingly enough, for a guy who doesn't REALLY consider himself a 40K "fanboy", I now have 4,500 points of IG - including 2 Superheavies, and about 14,000 points of Necrons....I wonder what I have for the games I AM a fanboy of?

Lovell

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:34 pm

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:Interestingly enough, for a guy who doesn't REALLY consider himself a 40K "fanboy", I now have 4,500 points of IG - including 2 Superheavies, and about 14,000 points of Necrons....I wonder what I have for the games I AM a fanboy of?
Government_Warehouse.jpg
Government_Warehouse.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 1048 times

DA John
Fallen
Name: John O'Connell
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Post by DA John » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:55 am

Surprise family event on Jan. 2 means I'm out for combat patrol. This is tragic because I just about finished my objective markers, which I planned to debut there:

http://i.imgur.com/UxbRyrM.jpg

I am still apocalypsing on the 3rd. To that end, I will be attempting to make 2 tree trunks for people to hide in, one for each side, 9" high and about 18" wide.
40k: Dark Angels, Sisters
30k: Taghmata
Warmachine: Iron Kingdoms RPG-curious
AD&D 1e: campaign underway