Killa Kanz Rules and Missions

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

Sigismundo
Sword of Dorn
Name: Sascha Edelkraut (Alex)
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer40k

Re: Killa Kanz Rules and Missions

Post by Sigismundo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 am

I think the SW rule was the 6th edition codex. Now they just have more HQ slots when they take the wolves unleashed detachment (allowing them to take 2-6).

Mission 2: Objectives. As it is right now the objectives are 48" from each other and 36" from your deployment (as by wording in the center of each table quarter). That involves for me some deep strike or fast units, which is okey as everybody knows about it, but also makes for a long run :P

Now the thing with Void Shield is, how to we play them? The problem with void shields is that they are not affected by any rule that usually states, something against Tanks or Building. This means that Gauss does not destroy VS, Tank hunter does not work and so on (pretty much every rule that says do X against Tanks and Vehicles does NOT affect void shields as they are either)

Last thing, I agree that in a regular 1850 or 2000 game with 5 objectives you can be able to hold them at the end, but in a 2 players game with each 1000 points my experience is that most games and quite brutal with most units destroyed :twisted:

No matter how the ruling will be I am very excited about this tournament and working on some of mine and TJ minis to finish in time

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Do kanz of beer count :?: :mrgreen:

jwoolf
Fallen
Name: Jason
What's your favorite game?: Mordheim!

Post by jwoolf » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Awesome Alex, I'm excited too. It's shaping up to be a pretty good time and there may be some surprises in store.
headwound! minis: http://www.headwoundminis.com/

Can't stopf the Wolfkopf

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Sigismundo wrote:Mission 2: Objectives. As it is right now the objectives are 48" from each other and 36" from your deployment (as by wording in the center of each table quarter). That involves for me some deep strike or fast units, which is okey as everybody knows about it, but also makes for a long run :P
Alex, this mission is played down the length of the table, and the objectives at the center of each quarter are 18" from the short edge. Unless I'm missing something, that makes them 36" apart and 30" from the opposing deployment zone (24" from the short edge). That's the same as someone placing an objective 6" from a long edge in a DoW deployment, which is pretty typical I think. Like you pointed out though, everyone knows about so I think it will be okay.
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

BigRedOne82
Iron Within

Post by BigRedOne82 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Sigismundo wrote:Now the thing with Void Shield is, how to we play them? The problem with void shields is that they are not affected by any rule that usually states, something against Tanks or Building. This means that Gauss does not destroy VS, Tank hunter does not work and so on (pretty much every rule that says do X against Tanks and Vehicles does NOT affect void shields as they are either)
Hmmm, I knew that Grav had no effect, same with things like Tank Hunter, but I never paid attention to the wording of Gauss before. I think I've actually let the drop shields on rolls of '6' in my games previously. I wouldn't have a problem ruling that they be treated as vehicles/buildings though, as I think the wording of Grave would still leave them useless as they don't score glancing or penetrating hits, but I also have no problem leaving it as is. Necrons are one of the more powerful armies right now, so I don't feel too bad if there's one thing out there that Gauss can't hurt--they have a bunch of S7 options, or just good old punching people with Wraiths. As for armies like Orks or even Chaos Demons that would really struggle to take them down with shooting, I suspect that they would rather just go over and punch the things under the shield anyway. Like I said earlier though, I'd be okay with adding the Network to the banned fortifications list, so the worst anyone would have to deal with is three shields anyway.
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons

flesh_pile
Def Rolla
What's your favorite game?: Axis and Allies

Post by flesh_pile » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 am

Tankbustas special rule 'Glory Hogs' states that "In a mission that has the first blood Secondary Objective, the Ork player receives double the number of normal victory points from that objective if the first casualty to be removed is an enemy vehicle that was destroyed by an attack made by one or more units of Tankbustas."

Will this switch to tertiary, and allow an extra point to be gained in the tertiary level of points?
Dey see me deff rollin', dey hatin'...

WFB: High Elves, Empire
40K: Orks; CSM/Demons
Blood Bowl: Norse, Humans, Orcs, Dark Elves
BFG: Orks
X-Wing: all factions

BigRedOne82
Iron Within

Post by BigRedOne82 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:21 pm

You would score your bonus VP in the tertiaries as well. They are currently the "catch all" for all codex specific bonus points. But you can never score more than five total tertiary points.

Cable
Chaos Raptor
What's your favorite game?: 40K

Post by Cable » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:12 pm

TJ....................................no fair covering up that can of BUDWEISER :mrgreen:
Attachments
12191781_1143021435727024_8767262620508336318_n.jpg
12191781_1143021435727024_8767262620508336318_n.jpg (118.1 KiB) Viewed 1948 times

Oblivionh
Hunter
Name: n/a
What's your favorite game?: n/a

Post by Oblivionh » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:33 am

Cable wrote:TJ....................................no fair covering up that can of BUDWEISER :mrgreen:
Dad's need something on Thanksgiving too! How else will they survive the inlaws!

Tony Spectacular
Warboss
Name: Tony Spectacular...no, really!
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Post by Tony Spectacular » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Cable wrote:Do kanz of beer count :?: :mrgreen:
If they're kanz of any of the Six Points varieties (especially Resin...yum!) I'll happily give you tickets for them.
Attention Dark Kin: Commorragh awaits you at www.thedarkcity.net