PAGE Apocalypse 2015: January 3rd & 4th

Talking up Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Warmachine, Hordes, Coreheim, Flames of War, Battlefleet Gothic, and others.

Moderator: jwoolf

DA John
Fallen
Name: John O'Connell
What's your favorite game?: 40k

Re: PAGE Apocalypse 2015: January 3rd & 4th

Post by DA John » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 pm

I hereby relinquish Sammael, because I lost my painting/modeling area for about a month, and there's no way I can get the Ravenwing done in time. My army might be a lot more of "what I already have painted" than "stuff meant to bring down titans" due to these unfortunate circs.

I've also heard through the grapevine that Order may have some overlapping strategies, and a coordination email from our Warmaster might be warranted to eliminate redundancies.
40k: Dark Angels, Sisters
30k: Taghmata
Warmachine: Iron Kingdoms RPG-curious
AD&D 1e: campaign underway

Dangerous Dan
Squig
Name: Dan Boyd
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer 40k

Post by Dangerous Dan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:52 pm

That's a good point, John. Maybe we should start an email thread and share lists, talk about filling in points (if some team members can't produce 3000), and start the strategizing. I'd love to show the rest of my team what I'll be bringing (it's tanks. lots and lots of tanks).

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:26 am

Dangerous Dan wrote:I'd love to show the rest of my team what I'll be bringing (it's tanks. lots and lots of tanks).
I approve this message!
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

Dangerous Dan
Squig
Name: Dan Boyd
What's your favorite game?: Warhammer 40k

Post by Dangerous Dan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 am

Of course you do.

Do the good guys still have to spend the points for void shield generators? I don't know if that's a thing, but I vaguely remember it.

BigRedOne82
Iron Within
Name: Colin
What's your favorite game?: WH40K

Post by BigRedOne82 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:26 pm

I think that was Joe being a smart ass. Same with "free Librarii" :lol:
40K: Chaos Marines/Demons (15,000+ pts), Catachans, Angels of Death, Orks & Crons
KoW: Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, Ogres & Dwarves
Infinity: Caledonians
WM: Menoth
Dust: Axis & SSU
FoW: Ger. Grenadiers & Armoured Sqdrn.
BB: Undead

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Guys, I never kid about Void Shields.

My impression is that there's enough extra points available on the Order side from people not filling quota to absorb some stuff like that. Sometime shortly I'm going to compile everyone's email address & send out a reminder about painting, and points.

jwoolf
Fallen
Name: Jason
What's your favorite game?: Mordheim!

Post by jwoolf » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm

I don't have a final tally yet but I'm definitely going to be able to spare some points for the team for items like superheavies and fortifications.
headwound! minis: http://www.headwoundminis.com/

Can't stopf the Wolfkopf

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Sounding the warning klaxon that we're just under a month out from the Apocalypse grudge match!

Details are all being debated in this very thread, with details tracked in the first post.

For the Recon Squad day the long story short is everyone should prepare one 200 point list following the Recon Squad rules, and another 500 point list containing that 200 point list.

For the Apoc day the long story short is that everyone should prepare a 3000 point list as well as bringing some extras if possible to fill in any gaps on the team. If you know it's going to be a struggle for you to field that many points credibly, please let us know!

As discussed earlier, we'd really like to step up the look of the board this year. So please if at all possible try to at least prime & quickly base coat your army. Having any color on there at all will really dramatically improve the overall look and after-action photos.

Let us know if you have any questions, will only make one day, etc..

jwoolf
Fallen
Name: Jason
What's your favorite game?: Mordheim!

Post by jwoolf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Due to a delay in warp travel, I will not be able to bring my super-awesome OMGWTFvindicatoronsteroids. I won't have super-heavies of any kind, actually, so if there are any extras floating around to borrow we should allocate some of my points for some big guns.
headwound! minis: http://www.headwoundminis.com/

Can't stopf the Wolfkopf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:23 pm

@Colin - Justin and I have 7,000 points of Necrons for the Apoc game. Is that too few or too many points for our side?
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord