First Sergeant Scolirus collapsed heavily onto the low rubble wall behind him. All about him the city had been turned into a charnel house, every surface coated with guts and patches of skin from the burst greater daemon lain low before him. As he flexed his fingers his powerfist squelched with ichor and all his armor had a thick wash of blood. He closed his eyes as he listened to his squads regrouping, took a long deep breath, and stood back up to start issuing new orders. The war wasn't over, but perhaps the tide had turned.
The forces of Order and Discord go at it again in the fourth round of their grudge match! The teams go into this round tied at 1-1-1 after the upset win by Order last winter. This year we're planning to expand the conflict a bit, so everybody get to scheming and painting!
Ring in the new year by destroying some hive cities and/or burning heretics, whichever may be to your taste!
- WHAT: PAGE Recon Squad and Apocalypse Campaign!
- WHEN: The Apocalypse will happen:
- Saturday, January 3rd, 2015: Recon Squad and Cataclysm narrative.
- Sunday, January 4th, 2015: APOCALYPSE!
- WHERE: Joe K's house, by 19th St & Washington Ave on the Center City/South Philly border
- Parking: Pull up in front of the garage to drop your stuff off, then look for street parking nearby. Be conscious of not blocking garages and the occasional No Parking signs, particularly on the end of 19th adjacent to Washington.
- Lunch: We'll probably arrange to order lunch and dinner just ahead of those breaks, but there is a variety of pizza, sandwiches, and Chinese within a two block radius.
In the first day of skirmish (Kill Team) and small army (Combat Patrol) battles, players will compete to achieve or deny different tasks for their team in various sectors of the Apocalypse board, affecting the mega-battle to come the next day. Both days are of course optional. The campaign mechanisms will permit players to do one day but not the other, in either direction. Details are being developed in this thread and tracked in this post.
Notes from years past in this series (not the Ork apoc, etc.):
This event will run as smoothly as a nemesor's clockwork heart!
Saturday: Recon squad
- 09:30 DOORS OPEN---arrive, unpack, setup terrain and campaigns
- 11:00 Recon Squad Round 1
- 12:15 Lunch
- 12:45 Recon Squad Round 2
- 14:00 Recon Squad Round 3
- 15:15 Recon Squad Round 4
- 16:30 DINNER
- 17:00 Cataclysm!
- 21:00 CLEANUP
- 21:30 All done---except for the scheming!
Feel free to leave your armies overnight for the next day's Apocalypse!
- 08:30 DOORS OPEN---arrive, unpack, setup/rearrange terrain
- 09:30 Deployment
- 10:20 Turn 1 (55 min per side)
- 12:10 LUNCH
- 12:30 Turn 2 (55 min per side)
- 14:20 Turn 3 (50 min per side)
- 16:00 Turn 4 (50 min per side)
- 17:40 DINNER
- 16:00 Turn 5 (45 min per side)
- 19:30 Turn 6 (45 min per side)
- 21:00 CLEANUP
- 21:30 All done---the valiant celebrate, the vanquished cry into their beer!
Teams and Players
The armies of legend for this year are:
The Forces of Discord
- Colin (CSM Black Legion & Iron Warriors/Demons)---confirmed, commander
- Brett (CSM/Demons)---confirmed
- Tom (CSM)---confirmed
- Sean (CSM)---confirmed
- Steve (CSM)---confirmed (probably just Apoc)
- Lovell (Necron Maynarkh Dynasty)---confirmed
- Justin (Necron Maynarkh Dynasty)---confirmed
- Warren (CSM/Demons)---confirmed
- Benn (Necrons)
The Legions of Order
- Joe K (SM Kingbreakers/AM Forest Guard/IK Forestway/IQ)---confirmed, commander
- Jason (SM Imperial Fists/DA)---confirmed
- John L (SM Iron Hands)---confirmed
- Akil (Eldar/Dark Eldar)---confirmed
- Dan (AM Steel Legion)---confirmed
- Carl (Tau)---confirmed
- John O (Mechanicus/DA)---confirmed
- Aaron (Death Guard)---confirmed
- Matt Lechtenberg (AM Valhallans)---just Recon Squad/Cataclysm
- Rob W (AM)
Each team is lead by a commander, as noted, who organizes members pre-game; allocates points, Strategic Asset cards, and other resources; tracks time during turns; and executes other management tasks.
Unique units declared so far are:
The Forces of Discord
- Steve: Knight Commander Pask
- Lovell: Kutlakh the World Killer
- Justin: Nemesor Zahndrekh, Vargard Obyron
- Warren :Kharn
- Sean: Typhus:
- Brett: Fateweaver, Be'lakor
The Legions of Order
- Joe: Captain Angholan (Vulkan He'stan), Inquisitor Hersch (Coteaz), (Master Harath Shen)
- Matt: Commissar Sebastian Yarrick
- Jason: First Captain Darnath Lysander
- John O: Grand Master Sammael
"Negotiated" units so far are:
The Forces of Discord
- Colin: Hellhammer
- Sean: Baneblade
- Tom: Warhound
- Steve: Brass Scorpion
- Lovell: Obelisk, Transcendant C'Tan, Gauss Pylon
- Steve: Greater Brass Scorpion or Warhound
- Tom: Warhound
The Legions of Order
- Ohmygod we're gonna get stomped... Call for backup, call for backup!!!
The Apocalypse and Recon Squad/Cataclysm lists do not have to have any connection, they don't even need to be the same factions.
All models must be fully assembled and should be at least primed. Proxies are permitted, but WYSIWYG is strongly encouraged as it keeps things moving more quickly and prevents errors, both especially important with so many models in play.
Saturday, January 3, will be a full day of small army skirmishing using PAGE's Recon Squad and Cataclysm rules for 40k:
Army construction rules for Recon Squad are in the PDF. A draft of the missions and legacies are available from our December Redcap's tournament.
The 500pt Cataclysm list is a standard 40k army, except it must contain the 200pt list and have no other HQs outside any you worked into your Recon Squad. It's essentially adding 300pts to the Recon Squad. Dedicated transports may be added to the original Recon Squad units, but not additional wargear or models. The Recon Squad's Leader (defined in the PDF) becomes an Independent Character HQ with +1WS +1BS +1I +1W, must be the army's warlord, and counts toward detachment structure (i.e., for Objective Secured). Allies and all other shenanigans are allowed in the 500pt list.
Sunday, January 4, will be a major slugfest in an all-day Apocalypse grudge match. Most of the game rules are in our Cataclysm PDF, and the following lists the army construction and play rules specific to this match.
Army Lists and Titans
Players should design lists of 3000 points each. Adjustments will be made as necessary on the final run-up to the event and on gameday itself. If anyone definitely wants to take fewer points (don't have the models, etc.), please let your commander know so they can reallocate the remainder.
There are no faction, detachment, Force Organization Chart, or other army list structure requirements or constraints except that each player must have at least one HQ unit in at least one detachment.
All codexes, expansions, supplements, dataslates, formations (Apocalypse & regular), and Forge World books are allowed, with no limit on the number of sources. The most recent source for particular units and models must be used. A reasonably comprehensive tracker for that is maintained by Redcap's in the forum.
Any models with more than nine Hull Points or Wounds must be negotiated between the teams.
Units that are only available with the selection of another unit or rule, or are only available within a certain FOC slot with such a selection, remain so despite the relaxed FOC requirements. For example, Dark Angels can still only take Terminators as Troops if they are also bringing Belial.
Unique units must be so across a team's entire force; multiple players on the same team may not field the same unique unit.
Warlord traits and psychic powers are determined simultaneously before bidding for deployment order.
Each player must designate an HQ model as their warlord. Each team must designate a particular warlord as their team's warmaster, its supreme commander on the battlefield. Warlords and the warmasters are declared simultaneously before bidding for deployment order.
Setup, Scenario, and Scoring
The match will run for a fixed 6 turns. Strategic Objectives scoring for Victory Points and other events triggered by "breaks" in the Apocalypse rules will be executed after turns 2 and 4, with a final round of scoring at the end of the match after turn 6. All Troop units not otherwise barred from scoring have the Objective Secured rule, regardless of their detachment type. Only Objective Secured units may score strategic objectives following turns 2 and 4.
Wrecked vehicles are left in place as usual and treated as difficult and dangerous terrain. However, they may be shot at or assaulted, treated as an AV 10/10/10, Immobilized, Open Topped vehicle with 1 Hull Point. Any glancing or penetrating hit removes the wreck. Vehicles may also ram wrecks following the usual rules, potentially damaging the ramming vehicle but removing the wreck.
Vehicles that explode are replaced with a suitably sized crater (or proxy) as available.
A player can invoke their appropriate Divine Intervention once per game at the start of their turn once the criteria have been met. These may not be in use, TBD!
Their Finest Hour
A player may invoke their appropriate Finest Hour ability once per game at the start of the game. In addition to the special effect, their Warlord then has a 3+ Invulnerable and Eternal Warrior until their next turn, and may order an All-Out Attack. These may not be in use, TBD!
- Space Marines & Chaos Marines: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... imarch.jpg
- Everybody else: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... t-hour.jpg
Default rules are that each team gets one asset card per player, with allocation coordinated by the team. A card cannot be chosen more than once by a side. Cards marked "Strategic Resource" cost a Victory Point to play.
- Page 1: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets1.jpg
- Page 2: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets2.jpg
- Page 3: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets3.jpg
- Page 4: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets4.jpg
- Page 5: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets5.jpg
- Page 6: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets6.jpg
- Reaver: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... reaver.jpg
- Warhound: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... rhound.jpg
- Revenant: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... venant.jpg
- Baneblade: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... eblade.jpg
- Banesword: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... esword.jpg
- Legionnaire Warband: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... arband.jpg
- Obliterator Cult: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... r-cult.jpg
- Thousand Sons War Coven: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... -coven.jpg
- Tide of Spawn: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... -spawn.jpg
- Lost and the Damned: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... damned.jpg
- Flaming Host: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... g-host.jpg
- Great Promenade: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... menade.jpg
- Tetragon of Darkness: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... rkness.jpg
- Tallymen of Nurgle: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... nurgle.jpg
- Cohort of Blood: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... -blood.jpg
- Khorne Lord of Skulls: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... skulls.jpg
- Lords of the Black Crusade: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... rusade.jpg
- Heldrake Fear Squadron: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... uadron.jpg
++Deep within the bowels of the Phalanx, Forgemaster Ariston depressed the runes as heavy blast doors slid open. Here, within the quiet heart of the Imperial Fists' armoury, dwelt the most ancient weapons of war. Some among them had slept for ten thousand years or more, to be awakened only in times of most dire need.
Ariston bowed his head reverently, and then stood tall with renewed purpose. "Brothers!" he intoned, his implanted vox-caster crackling. "You know I'm all about that bass! 'Bout that bass!"
The combined might of the Imperial Fists, most stalwart of the Emperor's legions, chanted in unison: "No treble."++