Hulgurth stood on the ridge crest, chainsword heavy in his hand. Every wheezing breath was a gurgling, pustulent pain in his mutated throat and wrecked lungs. Surveying the Imperial army arraying itself on the plain below, manufacturum silhouetted behind, he smiled thinly. He did not know for whom death would come today, but he knew it would come in great number.
Prepare to ring in the new year by destroying some hive cities, and/or burning of heretics, whichever may be to your taste!
- WHAT: PAGE Apocalypse
- WHEN: Saturday, January 4, 2014, all damn day (9:30ish AM to 9PM)
- WHERE: Joe K's house (Center City/South Philly)
There is unmetered street parking on various nearby streets. Please pay attention to no-parking signs! In particular, the end of 19th adjacent to Washington is marked No-Parking on both sides; don't by fooled by its tricksy ways! Note that there isn't parking on Joe's block itself (the PPA would ticket even for parking in front of his own garage), but everybody should feel free to pull up on the sidewalk in front to unload everything, and then go park.
Let's do this thing. KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIM BURN! KILL MAIM BURN!
09:30 Doors open; arrive, unpack, setup terrain
10:30 Team 1 deploys
11:00 Team 2 deploys
11:30 Turn 1
13:20 Turn 2
14:40 Turn 3
16:00 Turn 4
17:50 Turn 5
19:10 Turn 6
20:30 Cleanup; evildoers cry into their beer!
Teams are a total of 24000 pts each, including all Apocalypse models, divided among players as they wish.
- Forces of Discord: 3400pts each (Tom taking the remaining 200 points)
- Forces of Order: 3000pts each
Each team also collectively selects 8 Apocalypse Strategic Asset cards, allocated among players (or not) as the teams wish, and secretly selected and recorded before either team deploys.
No Force Organization Chart requirements or limits except that each player must have at least 1 HQ. Each player must designate an HQ model as a Warlord.
All Codexes, Expansions, Supplements, Dataslates, and Forge World books are allowed.
Superheavy Vehicles, Gargantuan Creatures, and D-Weapons have to be announced beforehand; updated list is maintained below. Any models over 9 Hull Points or Wounds must be negotiated between the teams.
Units that are only available with the selection of another unit or rule, or are only available within a certain FOC slot with such a selection, remain so despite the relaxed FOC requirements. For example, Dark Angels can still only take Terminators as Troops if they are also bringing Belial.
Unique units must be so across a team's entire force; multiple players on the same team may not field the same unique unit.
All models must be fully assembled and should be at least primed. Proxies are permitted, but WYSIWYG is strongly encouraged as it keeps things moving more quickly and prevents errors, both especially important with so many models in play.
Armies & Super-Heavies
1. Tom - Chaos Marines; Reaver, Warhound
2. Steve - Chaos Marines/Daemons; Warhound
3. Colin - Chaos Marines/Daemons; Banehammer, Baneblade, Baneblade w/ extra sponsons
4. Brett - Daemons
5. Warren - Daemons
6. Benn - Necrons; Obelisk, Tesseract Vault
7. Lovell - Necrons; Pylon (D weapon), Citadel
0. [The Emperor] - Reaver (Tom's), Warhound (Tom's)
1. Joe - Space Marines; D weapon
2. Jason - Dark Angels
3. Buford - White Scars; Baneblade class superheavy
4. Lorenzo - Grey Knights?
5. James - Eldar; Scorpion superheavy, Revenant Titan
6. Justin - Space Wolves
7. Akil - Tau
8. Owen - Imperial Guard; Baneblade class superheavy, possible D weapon
Teams will bid on deployment times, with the low bid deploying first and going first. Any units not deployed within that time allotment go into Strategic Reserve. Any unused deployment time will be allocated to the early turns if running on schedule.
Seize Initiative does not apply.
More details TBD.
Strategic Objectives scoring for Victory Points and other events triggered by "breaks" in the Apocalypse rules will be executed after turns 1 and 3, with a final round of scoring at the end of the match after turn 5.
Army-wide buffs apply only to that detachment of that player's forces, just as in a usual game. E.g., fielding Vulkan makes only that player's Melta weapons in that detachment Master-Crafted. It does not affect any other detachment of that player, or the other players.
Table-wide rules and effects---except those from the Apocalypse rules---are not applied. Specific examples include the Chaos Daemons' Warp Storm table as well as the Lord of the Storm rules for Imotekh the Stormlord (Necron HQ), neither of which will apply.
Wrecked vehicles are left in place as usual and treated as difficult and dangerous terrain. However, they may be shot at or assaulted, treated as an AV 10/10/10, Immobilized, Open Topped vehicle with 1 Hull Point. Any glancing or penetrating hit removes the wreck. Vehicles may also ram wrecks following the usual rules, potentially damaging the ramming vehicle but removing the wreck.
Vehicles that explode are replaced with a suitably sized crater (or proxy) as available.
A player can invoke their appropriate Divine Intervention once per game at the start of their turn once the criteria have been met.
Their Finest Hour
A player may invoke their appropriate Finest Hour ability once per game at the start of the game. In addition to the special effect, their Warlord then has a 3+ Invulnerable and Eternal Warrior until their next turn, and may order an All-Out Attack
- Space Marines & Chaos Marines: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... imarch.jpg
- Everybody else: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... t-hour.jpg
Default rules are that each side gets one asset card per player. A card cannot be chosen more than once by a side. Cards marked "Strategic Resource" cost a Victory Point to play.
- Page 1: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets1.jpg
- Page 2: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets2.jpg
- Page 3: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets3.jpg
- Page 4: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets4.jpg
- Page 5: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets5.jpg
- Page 6: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... ssets6.jpg
- Reaver: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... reaver.jpg
- Warhound: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... rhound.jpg
- Revenant: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... venant.jpg
- Baneblade: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... eblade.jpg
- Banesword: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... esword.jpg
- Legionnaire Warband: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... arband.jpg
- Obliterator Cult: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... r-cult.jpg
- Thousand Sons War Coven: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... -coven.jpg
- Tide of Spawn: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... -spawn.jpg
- Lost and the Damned: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... damned.jpg
- Flaming Host: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... g-host.jpg
- Great Promenade: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... menade.jpg
- Tetragon of Darkness: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... rkness.jpg
- Tallymen of Nurgle: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... nurgle.jpg
- Cohort of Blood: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... -blood.jpg
- Khorne Lord of Skulls: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... skulls.jpg
- Lords of the Black Crusade: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... rusade.jpg
- Heldrake Fear Squadron: http://rocketshipgames.com/tmp/apocalyp ... uadron.jpg