Star Trek Panic!

Forum for boardgames, wargames, card games, party games, whatever.

Moderator: jwoolf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Star Trek Panic!

Postby EL Presidente!!!! » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:00 am

I played this board game last night and it was REALLY good. I am always on the lookout for games you can play solo, plus I love Star Trek, so I picked this game up with a lot of anticipation. It definitely delivered. I won the game (even though I later discovered I had made a few mistakes in game mechanics - specifically about discarding cards). The game was challenging and actually gave me a real Trekkie vibe.

The material is all from the Original Series - which is the BEST STAR TREK (other than Wrath of Khan). My final mission saw Nomad on the ship only one turn away from sterilizing the entire crew.

The ONLY complaint I have is I bent my cardboard model of Enterprise putting it together :x

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/193737/star-trek-panic
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Re: Star Trek Panic!

Postby tjkopena » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:05 pm

This looks pretty neat. What else have you been playing solo?

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Postby EL Presidente!!!! » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Joe,

I have 2 of the D&D Board games which play solo, and I have a game called Galaxy Defenders which I like...especially since I haven't been able to win.

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Postby tjkopena » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:04 am

Have you thought about trying Star Trek Attack Wing solo? I actually really enjoy playing X-Wing solo. The trick is to pick a side you want to win, and play that side straight (setting dials, etc). The other side you don't set dials, instead reacting to the current situation as it develops and with knowledge of the other side's dials. Especially if the opposing force generally has higher pilot skill, and therefore moves afterward but shoots first, it's a huge advantage. Makes playing the side you want to win pretty challenging, I almost always don't.

Race for the Galaxy's first expansion has a solo play mode that's supposed to be really good though I have not played it. There's basically a big card that defines the AI and special dice you roll against it.

Return to “Boardgaming”