Aliens Vs. Predators

Forum for boardgames, wargames, card games, party games, whatever.

Moderator: jwoolf

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Aliens Vs. Predators

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Any interest in this game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/149 ... unt-begins

I think it's the old card game version changed into a board game (which it should have been from the start). The game is a little pricey t $120.00 MSRP, but it appears to have a solo-play mode, so I'm super-hyped!

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Re: Aliens Vs. Predators

Post by tjkopena » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:01 am

I'd read about it before but hadn't really looked into it. I had thought it was more of a miniatures game, but seems to be clearly more of a board game, just with miniatures-quality pieces (and assembly!). I'm definitely interested to play. A couple comments I read on BGG were positive.

One note is that the main reason I'd really been aware of it at all is that the company has become notorious for how the handled the Kickstarter for this and other projects. I believe they promised early delivery to backers, and then just flat out reneged on that. I think the same people, possibly under a different name, had done so on previous projects before too. So, you can buy it in stores, and they have expansions coming out, but I think the Kickstarter backers are still waiting to get their copies. There's a lot of hate throughout their Facebook page, DakkaDakka news thread, etc.. Quality seems solid though, so it seems like it's ok to buy it in stores, but I wouldn't trust them on Kickstarter or direct online purchases.

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:00 am

Wow! I don't know too many companies that screw over the kickstarter backers and survive.

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

jwoolf
Fallen
Name: Jason
What's your favorite game?: Mordheim!

Post by jwoolf » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:35 pm

The xenomorphs look great in brown.
headwound! minis: http://www.headwoundminis.com/

Can't stopf the Wolfkopf