A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Forum for boardgames, wargames, card games, party games, whatever.

Moderator: jwoolf

Members_Only
Gretchin
Name: Nick C
What's your favorite game?: Game of Thrones: the Board Game

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Post by Members_Only » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:04 am

Hi all - new to the site.

I'm looking to get a local game together for A Game of Thrones: The Board Game 2nd Edition. I began playing this game in a tabletop setting,but I now play mostly at thronemaster.net after my original group had lost interest after a few sessions. I am again looking for a gaming group to get together for a full 6 player game. I have no preference for familiarity/skill level of opponents for this game, and I wouldn't mind even just overseeing a game of new players if the interest was there. Of course, if people already know the game, even better.

If anyone is unfamiliar with the game but interested in learning, here is a very helpful tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0XRVTacNxI.

As I've said, I mostly play PBEM games on the above website, which is actually a remarkable medium, but am yearning for a new tabletop session. Please post here if interested.

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Re: A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Post by tjkopena » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:04 am

I am interested and have a friend or two who might be. We're actually overdue to arrange our occasional bout of Game of Thrones. When were you thinking roughly?

Members_Only
Gretchin

Post by Members_Only » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Well I didn't expect to get a quick response, so I don't have a particular date in mind. That being said, I'd like to get a game together within the next month before the holidays consume our time. Any Sunday or Monday would work best for me, but I can be flexible to other people's schedules.

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:39 am

I am totally down with this! Is there a big difference between. 1st and 2nd edition?
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

Members_Only
Gretchin

Post by Members_Only » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:00 pm

EL Presidente!!!! wrote:I am totally down with this! Is there a big difference between. 1st and 2nd edition?
The difference is big enough. The 2nd Edition uses ports on some of the major castles, has different house cards (better ones IMO), small changes to the map, and siege engine units. I believe all or most of those things are covered in the tutorial video in the original post.

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:07 pm

It sounds like this combines elements from the 1st edition expansions. How many players can it take?
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

tjkopena
Kingbreaker
What's your favorite game?: Race for the Galaxy

Post by tjkopena » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:39 am

Lovell, I believe the second edition mostly just collects the expansion updates. Any tweaks beyond those are pretty minimal. Up to 6 players. I guess it's printed "fancier," e.g., the board got reworked in a darker tone, the unit-pieces are marbled plastic, etc., but I actually like the 1st edition look more (I own the 2nd ed. though).

For Sundays & Mondays I could do Dec 7th, 8th, 15th, 21st, or 22nd.

Members_Only
Gretchin

Post by Members_Only » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:37 am

I could do Monday Dec. 8th. I suppose let's start a sign-up log and we'll go from there:

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (2/6)
Members_Only
tjkopena
-
-
-
-

Also need to discuss location.

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:44 am

Count me in!

Lovell

Members_Only
Gretchin

Post by Members_Only » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Do we have any other spots to be taken by friends?

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (3/6)
Members_Only
tjkopena
Lovell
-
-
-