Introducing Myself

Open for general PAGE topics---schedule, other events, membership, and so on.

Moderator: jwoolf

mshoemaker
Slugga Boy
Name: Matt Shoemaker
What's your favorite game?: D&D

Introducing Myself

Post by mshoemaker » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi all,

I just found out about this group while I was demoing Dropzone Commander at Redcap's this past Sunday. Dropzone is a game I am hoping to get a league or such going for in the area but I'll put a post up about that in the miniature section. My name is Matt Shoemaker and I've been playing RPGs since I was about 8 and wargames since I was 12. I moved out to Philly about 6 years ago from Wisconsin and for whatever reason had bad luck finding other gamers out here beyond a couple small groups I participate in.

For wargames, I tend to do a lot more painting than playing lately. I've been really into 10mm this year and been building up several armies for Lord of the Rings games using Warmaster rules. I've also taken quite a liking to Dropzone Commander. I have minis for several other games and painted up 3 Blood Bowl teams last month. The game I was most competitive in was the GW's Lord of the Rings SBG, which was big in Milwaukee, but I have barely touched it the past few years. You can see some of the stuff I've painted up over the past year here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 35c9829787

http://www.facebook.com/matt.shoemaker. ... 5846715316

For RPGs I am currently playing mostly D&D 5e and I am running sessions of it at Redcap's on Baltimore on Wednesday evenings. I have a large RPG collection and like to play a variety of games, and am also currently involved in a documentary on a history of Dungeons and Dragons as a co-producer.

Nice to meet you all!

Admiral5harm
Father Knight
What's your favorite game?: B5 wars

Re: Introducing Myself

Post by Admiral5harm » Wed May 25, 2016 1:31 am

hi, and WELCOME.
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
John Adams

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
Voltaire

EL Presidente!!!!
Nightbringer
Name: Lovell Harmon
What's your favorite game?: ShadowFist

Post by EL Presidente!!!! » Wed May 25, 2016 6:42 am

I am VERY interested in seeing that documentary!

What time is your D&D game on Wed?

Lovell
"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand years, yet have little of account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is pathetic to behold." - Imotekh the Stormlord

mshoemaker
Slugga Boy
Name: Matt Shoemaker
What's your favorite game?: D&D

Post by mshoemaker » Wed May 25, 2016 9:37 am

Hi Lovell,

The game starts at 6:30 and runs till 8:30. Its been going well, so much so that I have just added 2 new DMs to run games on Wednesday's with me so we are going to have 3 groups going as of tonight.